Finance for Non-Finance Personnel
Financial management is a vital part of managing operations; but we do not have to be financial experts or qualified accountants to understand and use financial management tools. Financial management is based on common sense ideas; indeed, it can even be enjoyable and rewarding.
The aim of this two-day workshop is not to train participants to become an accountant, but to supplement their previous education and expertise so that they will be able to better understand, analyze, and discuss accounting/financial information in their work environment and to use this data to make knowledgeable and relevant decisions.
The focus of this workshop is for participants to develop critical thinking skills and to learn and apply accounting/financial techniques to become a better manager – a manager who uses accounting/financial information to make well-reasoned decisions, manage performance better, and build strong business cases for their organization/department.
How Will I Benefit?
Upon completion of the course you should be able to:
- Understand financial management concepts and models (e.g. time value of money, risk and return, and security valuation)
- Assess the financial health of organizations (e.g. financial statement analysis)
- Gauge the financial impact of operational decisions (profit planning and cash flow)
- Make financing decision – short-term and long-term (e.g. leverage, and working capital)
- Evaluate capital budgeting proposals using a range of investment appraisal methods and explain their strengths and weaknesses
- Familiar with different financial markets and institutions that facilitate the process of financial management (including Forex market).
What Will I Learn?
The important topics covered in the course include:
- Accounting concepts
- Basic company accounts
- Financial statements and analysis
- Break-even analysis
- Time value of money and asset valuation models
- Financing decisions and capital structure
- Capital budgeting techniques
- Financial markets
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for:
- Executive, Managers, Senior Managers with no formal training in Finance/Accounting from private or public sectors.
USD$6,500 per group up to 25 persons
USD$350 per person with a minimum of 10 persons and maximum 25 persons
Price is inclusive of training materials and certificate. All other incidental costs including traveling (transport and lodging), F&B, training, stationery & printing, and training room& facilities will be borne by the client. Terms and mode of payment will be discussed upon confirmation.