Developing Business Strategy
Strategy is a broad formula for how a business is going to compete, what its goals should be and what policies will be needed to carry out these goals. A company’s strategy consists of the combination of competitive moves and business approaches that managers employ to please customers, compete successfully, and achieve organizational objectives. It is not something that one can pluck from the air and there is it. It is a product of analytical and strategic thinking processes that one needs to go through.
The two-day workshop is designed to help participants to experience themselves the step-by-step process of generating alternative strategies with the view of selecting the most appropriate ones in the light of the organizational strengths and weaknesses. A case study approach will be used in the workshop as it allows participants to see the real life characteristics of an organization and to test their ability in identifying the most likely strategic issues that need to be addressed.
How Will I Benefit?
Upon completion of the course you should be able to:
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses opportunities and threats (SWOT) that drive strategy
- Identify strategies to better position your organization for long-term competitive advantage
- Know and understand various analytical tools used to conduct external and internal environmental scanning
- Know how strategies are generated/formulated
What Will I Learn?
The course covers step-by-step process of generating strategy including:
- Strategic factors
- The strategic planning process
- Data gathering and analysis (Stakeholder analysis (PESTEL), Customer and competitor analysis (Porter’s five forces), Trend analysis, Industry analysis, Current state analysis (SWOT), IFAS, EFAS, SFAS, value chain, BCG, Business screen)
- Generating alternative strategies using TOWS Matrix
- Strategic issue identification
- Different types of strategy
- Strategy vs. tactics
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for:
- Managers/Senior managers
- Head of department/Business units
- Senior executives
- Business analysts and those involved in planning and/or implementing strategic initiatives
USD$7,150 per group up to 25 persons
USD$370 per person with a minimum of 10 persons and maximum 25 persons
Price is inclusive of training materials and certificate. All other incidental costs including traveling (transport and lodging), F&B, training, stationery & printing, and training room& facilities will be borne by the client. Terms and mode of payment will be discussed upon confirmation.