Building Your Business Acumen
The two-day course is for staff and managers who want to acquire the essentials of running a business from the perspective of the Managing Director or the owner. It focuses equally on the operations, marketing, strategy, administration, sales and finance elements of the business. The aim of the course is to provide participants with the knowledge required to understand and appreciate the role and importance of finance and financial management within the process of managerial decision-making.
The focus of the course is decision making in a financial context. It therefore examines the techniques that are used in businesses to make decisions that are consistent with the efforts to increase the wealth of the owners of the business.
How Will I Benefit?
Upon completion of the course you should be able to:
- Have a greater insight into the types of knowledge and skills possessed by most successful business leaders.
- Discuss the goals of financial management and the environment in which the business firm operates, which includes an understanding of the functions of financial markets and institutions.
- Apply the concepts of time value of money in pricing and the valuation of fixed income and equity securities.
- Plan and determine the financing decisions, both long term and short-term, using the theory of cost of capital, leverage and capital structure, and dividend policy.
- Describe the global and domestic financial decisions taken by firms.
- Recommend and justify financial decisions.
What Will I Learn?
The course will cover the basic fundamental of business knowledge including:
- Operational business acumen
- Finance and accounting
- Cost accounting
- Ratios and Key Performance Indicators
- Value creation and shareholder value
- Value adding
Who Should Attend?
Business acumen can be specifically tailored for employees at any level who need to better understand the inter-relationships between various business functions as well as their own personal role in improving the business. Typical target groups include staff and managers from human resources, marketing, sales, engineering, IT, R&D, accounting/finance, legal and project management.
The training program is also very useful for high potential staff, as well as for managers and decision makers in higher positions who want to learn about how their decisions can influence the company’s performance or refresh their management skills.
- Head of department/business units
USD$5,850 per group up to 25 persons
USD$300 per person with a minimum of 10 persons and maximum 25 persons
Price is inclusive of training materials and certificate. All other incidental costs including traveling (transport and lodging), F&B, training, stationery & printing, and training room& facilities will be borne by the client. Terms and mode of payment will be discussed upon confirmation.