Blue Ocean Strategy and Strategic Thinking
In today’s overly crowded industries, most companies fight long and hard for competitive advantage, battle for market share and struggle for differentiation. They do this only to find themselves fighting their rivals head-on in a bloody “red ocean” over a shrinking pool of profit. These red ocean strategies are less and less likely to create profitable growth in the future. Blue Ocean Strategy argues that tomorrow’s leading companies will succeed not by battling competitors, but by creating “blue oceans” of uncontested market space ripe for growth. Such strategic moves–termed “value innovation”–create powerful leaps in value for both the firm and its buyers, rendering rivals obsolete and unleashing new demand.
This two-day course offers a novel perspective on strategy formulation and execution. Participants will learn the strategic logic behind creating blue oceans of uncontested market space and gain insight into how this concept complements and goes beyond traditional approaches to strategy. The course is designed for for those who are interested in fully understanding BOS methodology and learning how to help their organizations challenge the status quo in the pursuit of value innovations.
How Will I Benefit?
The objectives of this workshop are to help participants:
- Acquire the basic concepts, tools, and frameworks of Blue Ocean Strategy.
- Gain knowledge of value innovation practices and methodologies.
- Learn the process of aligning utility, price and cost propositions to identify strategic options.
- Achieve new insights into how Blue Ocean Strategy creates breakthrough business ideas.
- Learn how Blue Ocean Strategy is “put into action” with examples of success stories.
What Will I Learn?
- Strategic Thinking
- Blue Ocean Strategy – The New Market Space
- Analytical Tools and Frameworks
- Four Steps of Visualizing
- Buyer experience cycle and buyer utility map
- Value curve and strategy canvas
- Four actions framework (ERRC grid)
- Six paths
- Value innovation and Three tier customers
- Formulating Blue Ocean Strategy
- Interactive lecture
- Group discussion
- Workbook driven activities
- Mini case study
USD$7,150 per group up to 25 persons
USD$370 per person with a minimum of 10 persons and maximum 25 persons
Price is inclusive of training materials and certificate. All other incidental costs including traveling (transport and lodging), F&B, training, stationery & printing, and training room& facilities will be borne by the client. Terms and mode of payment will be discussed upon confirmation.