Basic Skills for Consultants
The business world is increasingly moving toward a more flexible, contingent work model involving significant project work and one-time customizable assignments. A major sector of this growing contingent workforce is the consulting industry, composed of many different types and sizes of organizations serving large and small for-profit, non-profit, and public sector clients around the world. However, the skills and techniques traditionally utilized by outside consultants are also valuable for any company’s employees asked to perform a “special project”, or even to fulfill a unique customer request.
This course will increase your understanding of various management consulting processes and techniques, and provide you with an overview of different models within the professional consulting industry. The course also examines the challenges of starting one’s own consulting business. On a personal level, this course will provide you with valuable information and direct experience to guide your possible future career in consulting, in the start-up of a professional consulting services venture, or in increasing your effectiveness and value as an employee.
How Will I Benefit?
Upon completion of the course you should be able to:
- Have an awareness of consulting practices, common consulting skills and techniques, and the vast array of scenarios where consulting skills and resources are applicable and effective
- Increase your awareness of the consulting industry, its breadth and diversity, and begin to identify personal opportunities and objectives
- Become clearer about your positioning in the market place as a consultant, contractor or freelancer, enabling you to give clear messages to prospective clients about what you can do for them
- Consider various marketing approaches you can use which best suit your own style
- Learn how to price your work, know what others are charging and how to negotiate price so that the focus is more on your work than on your fee
- Develop a consultancy proposal that you can confidently respond to clients’ needs professionally, and be protective of your own interests.
What Will I Learn?
The workshop will cover a broad aspect of consulting including:
- Consulting business/career
- Consultancy opportunities
- Types of consultants
- Consulting models
- Consulting business plan
- Pricing models
- Consultancy rates differentiators
- Pricing your consulting jobs
- Writing consulting proposal
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for:
- New consultants
- Potential consultants
- Internal consultants
- Independent consultants
- Anyone who wants to know more about consulting business
USD$7,800 per group up to 25 persons
USD$400 per person with a minimum of 10 persons and maximum 25 persons
Price is inclusive of training materials and certificate. All other incidental costs including traveling (transport and lodging), F&B, training, stationery & printing, and training room& facilities will be borne by the client. Terms and mode of payment will be discussed upon confirmation.