Bank Asset-Liability Management
While financial institutions have faced difficulties over the years for a multitude of reasons, the major cause of serious banking problems continues to be directly related to lax credit standards and inefficient asset-liability management. Banks should now have a keen awareness of the need to identify, measure, monitor and control credit risk as well as to determine that they hold adequate capital against these risks and that they are adequately compensated for risks incurred. The scenarios have made Asset Liability Management (ALM) a critical function for banks and financial institutions today.
This two-day workshop is designed to introduce participants with the tools or techniques to measure and evaluate the bank performance, expose participants with concept of Asset-Liability Management for managing risks of the bank, enhance participants’ ability and skill in estimating the bank’s reserve requirements and credit risk, and highlight to participants the principles and strategies to improving the bank performance.
How Will I Benefit?
Upon completion of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the key dimensions of bank performance and risk management process.
- Know and demonstrate how to measure and evaluate the bank performance.
- Gain a working knowledge and understanding on how to use ALM strategies to manage different types of risks faced by banks.
- Be able to develop effective risk management strategies and a risk management plan.
- Experience the process of calculating and estimating the bank performance and risk indicators through participation in exercises and mini case studies.
What Will I Learn?
Participants will be able to learn various aspects of ALM including:
- Measuring and Evaluating the Bank Performance
- Banking risks
- ALM strategies
- Liquidity and Reserve Management
- Liability Management
- Capital Management
- Credit Risk Management
Who Should Attend?
- Bank Managers
- Credit Managers
- Credit Officers
- Treasury Managers
- Risk Managers
USD$6,500 per group up to 25 persons
USD$350 per person with a minimum of 10 persons and maximum 25 persons
Price is inclusive of training materials and certificate. All other incidental costs including traveling (transport and lodging), F&B, training, stationery & printing, and training room& facilities will be borne by the client. Terms and mode of payment will be discussed upon confirmation.